Q. Which of the following do you think would be the best person to lead the Liberal Party at the next election?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
23% think Tony Abbott would be the best person to lead the Liberal Party at the next election, 22% prefer Malcolm Turnbull and 14% Joe Hockey.
Among Coalition voters, 50% prefer Tony Abbott, 19% Malcolm Turnbull and 15% Joe Hockey.
Tony Abbott is preferred over Malcolm Turnbull by those aged under 45 22% to 19% but the over 45’s prefer Malcolm Turnbull over Tony Abbott 27% to 25%.
A similar question (although not exactly the same) asked in September showed Tony Abbott with a 26% to 20% lead over Malcolm Turnbull overall and 53% to 15% among Coalition voters. Joe Hockey’s support was 15% in total and 17% among Liberal voters.
Two Party Preferred: 25 October 2016
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Concern about the risk of terrorism in Australia
- Increasing risk of terrorism
- Support for anti-terrorism measures
- Biggest threat to international peace and security
- Support for Julian Assange
- Support for re-establishing the Australian Building and Construction Commission
- Importance of re-establishing the ABCC