Q. Which of the following statements is closest to your view about the performance of Tony Abbott as Opposition leader?
|7 Mar 11||Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Tony Abbott is performing the role of Opposition leader well and is keeping the Government accountable||41%||42%||11%||78%||13%|
|Tony Abbott is just opposing everything and is obstructing the work of the Government||43%||44%||78%||13%||73%|
42% believe that Tony Abbott is performing the role of Opposition leader well and is keeping the Government accountable and 44% think he is just opposing everything and is obstructing the work of the Government. These figures have not changed significantly since March and views very much follow party preferences.
45% of men think he is performing the role of Opposition leader well compared to 38% of women and 51% of those aged 55+ think he is just opposing everything compared to 40% of those aged under 35.
Two Party Preferred: 25 October 2016
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Concern about the risk of terrorism in Australia
- Increasing risk of terrorism
- Support for anti-terrorism measures
- Biggest threat to international peace and security
- Support for Julian Assange
- Support for re-establishing the Australian Building and Construction Commission
- Importance of re-establishing the ABCC